Monday, December 17, 2007

Curriculum Web

I created a curriculum web on designing web pages using Dreamweaver (link). Even though I create web pages a lot using the raw HTML code, ASP.NET, PHP to list a few, this was my first time that I used Dreamweaver as an HTML editor. I found it a little difficult to adjust how this program worked in the Code mode but eventually I figured it out. Also, locating the different toolbars was the other learning curve but once I learned all that, things went pretty well.

As I mentioned above, my curriculum web deals with basic web page design tips and how to use some of the basic elements of HTML, such as tables, links, images, and lists to name a few. In my first activity, I offered links for the students, which are school teachers and staff, to view that gave pointers on page design tips and how to use color's properly on a web page. I used a HotPotatoe Quiz on this page which can be viewed by clicking here. On the second activity, I showed users how to use Dreamweaver to insert the different tools onto a web page. In the last activity, I had uses take what they have learned from the first two activities and create a web page for their classroom.

The last activity was the item which had a rubric attached. This activity takes what they have learned from the previous activities and it makes them apply what they have learned to create their own web page for their classroom. To complete the website, I included some additional links and a contact page so users can send questions or comments to me via a form.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been to that link on "webpages that suck"! As a former web design teacher for high school students, I think it is a great idea to create a curriculum web geared around teachers and/or staff, to help break through the barriers of "I can't do that!"